Mu Epsilon Kappa, more commonly known as M.E.K, pronounced mech, is a student organization that promotes Japanese animation or anime. The video podcast is an interview with M.E.K. president/emperor Colby Sites.
The interview was conducted after the October 10th meeting of M.E.K. in the Escondido Theater. The setting I hoped to use was the audio/video room of the theater, but due to the large air conditioner vent in the room, the interview had to be repeated in the theater itself. One problem I realized during editing was the choice of seating for Sites, the lighting was behind him, casting a shadow over his face; lighting is something I'll definitely keep in mind during the next recording.
Overall the interview went smoothly, partly due to the outline I ran through with Sites before the interview. I let him know that the outline was not a transcript, and what was important was that he cover the topics and speak in a logically order. Though, having to repeat the interview helped in eliminating some of the pauses that occurred in the first recording.
Some advice I’d like to give to other people is to record for a minute and then stop and play back the recording to notice any problems that you might not have thought about. Sites didn’t seem to mind having to repeat the interview, others might not be so accommodating. Also, take many pictures and recorded a lot of footage to mix in during the interview so that the video is more than the interviewee speaking.
M.E.K. information:
http://www.orgs.ttu.edu/muepsilonkappa/index.html
Wednesday 7-10 pm Escondido Theater (SUB)
Saturday 6-10 pm Escondido Theater (SUB)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I liked the introduction with you on camera. I also liked the view of the shot you used for your interview. The interview volume was a little low but everything else fit together really well. Good job.
"10,000 animaniacs." nice. I like how you shot the video. The angle made his face look dark...fitting with his title of emperor...like he's from the dark side maybe? i don't knowww. but yeah, anyway, it was interesting and very well organized.
Good job with the video podcast. The setting of the interview was pretty cool because it kind of gave it that dark and gloomy feeling. I think the only problem was the interviewee's volume. It was kind of hard to hear some of the things he was talking about. Other than that, your video podcast was very good.
Good video. The podcast was informative and very organized. I would adjust the volume just a little, it seemed a little low on my computer.
This is a pretty good video podcast dude. All the technical portions were good as far as volume and actual footage.
Post a Comment