The topic of my blog is the art and entertainment scene on the Texas Tech campus. The inspiration for this topic came from my experience as a freshman without a car, it was a dull year to say the least. Had I known of all the activities that take place on campus, I would have had a better first year. My hope is that through this blog, people will realize that the Tech campus can be an entertaining place. Although, I am not alone in covering this topic, I will be the only one specifically covering the Tech campus.
My first podcast was an interview with Tech Gaming League president, Daniel Sneed. The time spent with the interviewee totaled an hour, although the audio was roughly 11 minutes long. Due to the casual nature of the interview, the greatest challenge in creating the podcast was editing out all the “ums” and “ahs.” Through trial and error, finding the pauses became easier, but the “ums” and “ahs” that ran directly into other words were still difficult to edit out, if at all possible.
Another problem I encountered was an echo that the finished mp3 file would play back. I never found the solution to this problem, although by exporting the audacity project as a wav file, the echo stopped.
I believe the greatest challenge in creating my podcast series is scripting some dialogue to follow without forcing the conversation. An outline would help avoid a scripted conversation and also keep the interview on course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
You provided very interesting information. There was a slight buzz in the background but the podcast still ran pretty smoothly. Good job.
I heard the slight buzz in the background as well. I liked the creative narration in the podcast. I think your topic is very interesting and will be very information to freshman. You might want to stress who your audience is and mention that any future freshman coming to Tech could really find the podcast useful so they should subscribe to it. good job.
The sound quality wasn't very good and it was difficult to understand you sometimes. You spoke slowly but too softly which made it hard to hear as well. I would use more inflection and excitement in your voice for the next episode. The information was very interesting.
hmm...nice music. Cool title, very cleaver. I would listen to it if I stumbled upon it. There seems to be a slight background noise. Maybe try some inflections in your voice. Overall a nice podcast. Should be some great content!
Very interesting topic and could get a good following if you approach and promote it the right way. I hear the buzzing too in the background. That could just be a software issue though and easily fixable.
The buzz was from my mic, this was a last minute recording. I had to replace the pod cast I made with the iPod equipment, which sounded better, but from listening to other pod casts, the studio has it beat. So, I had to use the mic on my headset. I tried various settings, but couldn't get rid of the buzz. My inflection and volume will be a problem, I’m naturally soft spoken, but I’ll work on it. I’ll speed up my voice in the next installment. I spoke slowly in this one to make the minimum time.
The content of your podcast was good. The information was presented nicely. The volume of your voice was kind low and hard to understand some of the times. Good job with the first podcast and i look to hear more about your topic in the future.
This topic will be very beneficial to freshmen at Tech or incoming freshmen. The main critiques I have are the background noise and your voice level. For your next podcast speak a little louder. Just clean that up a little and other than that, you have some great information.
Topic is excellent. Bed music will help a little if low enough. Also, try to move back from the mic and speak louder, it will help get rid of the smacking sounds. Blog is very informative and you could emphasize the important topics with bold, ect. Good job!!
Aside from a little background noise and minor vocal distortion, you have a great foundation for future podcasts. I like your topics and you have solid leads. Best of luck to you.
-Ron
Post a Comment